We’ve brought out seersucker fabric for the most comfortable and stylish mask for summer, and added the option to monogram yours for a personalized look! You may not love having to wear a mask, but you can still enjoy looking your best with a monogrammed mask!
- Ours have elastic ear loops for easy on/off.
- Machine washable and dryer safe for easy care.
- 2 Adjustable/ Removeable Metal Nose Strips included with each mask.
- Personalized Monogram is optional
- One layer of seersucker fabric with 2 layers of 100% cotton fabric, including a filter pocket.
- Pleated at sides for a snug fit
- Regular Adult Size: Approximately 8.5×3″ finished with 6″ of elastic
- Large Adult Size: Approximately 8.5×4″ finished with 6.5″ of elastic
- Child Size (6-11): Approximately 7×2.5″ with 5.5″ of elastic
- Toddler Size (3-5): Approximately 6.5 x 2.5″ with 5″ of elastic
This helpful article also mentions possible filter options. https://www.nytimes.com/article/coronavirus-homemade-mask-material-DIY-face-mask-ppe.html
NOSE WIRE Our masks now include 2 Metal Nose Strips to make the mask even more form fitting around your nose. These stick onto the mask, and can be reused for a while and thrown away. Remove them from your mask when washing. Purchase more nose strips here.
We have added a larger size that seems to be preferable for most men. These are 1″ taller and the elastic is .5″ longer. Most people can wear the “Regular” size (men and women). However, most men may find the “Large” size more comfortable, and some women may prefer that as well. You may want to order “Regular” size for teens. In the photos, the man is wearing “Large” and woman wearing “Regular.”
We do not encourage mask use for children under 3, as they can pose a suffocation risk for infants. Our child size is for 6-10 year olds, and toddler size is for 3-5 year olds. Many 12 year olds and up wear the regular adult size. Use your judgement however- I have 3 year old twins where one wears a child size and one wears a toddler size. So please select the option that best represents their size (if not age) at checkout.
- Not ideal for front line contact with infected people
- Best for medical offices where risk is not as great
- Varying studies tout 50-70% blockage of airborne particles in 2 layer masks without filters
- Our (unscientifically tested) hope is 3 layers plus a filter helps that percentage
- Any type of mask can prevent touching of face, which is helpful
- Many are putting fabric mask OVER a medical grade mask so that mask can be reused longer and protected
We’ve donated over 450 masks to medical offices, since March 2020, thanks to your purchases! If you have a medical office in need of masks, please email email@example.com from an official work email address.
- Number of males and females who need masks
- Type of office
- Mailing Address
- Any special requests (Pediatric fabrics, etc)
We’ll reply back with whether we can meet your need, and if we can’t, we’ll submit your request to our seamstress groups to find them.