We’ve stocked up on masks, and if you’re flexible on the fabric print, we invite you to stock up too!
You can get as few as 1 or as many as 10 (with a large discount). You let us know the sizes you need, and any special requests, and we’ll send you some surprise patterns!
We have added a larger size that seems to be preferable for most men. These are 1″ taller and the elastic is .5″ longer. Most people can wear the “Regular” size (men and women). However, most men may find the “Large” size more comfortable, and some women may prefer that as well. You may want to order “Regular” size for teens. In the photos, the man with grey is wearing “Large” and woman with floral mask has “Regular”.
We do not encourage mask use for children under 3, as they can pose a suffocation risk for infants. Our child size is for 6-10 year olds, and toddler size is for 3-5 year olds. Many 12 year olds and up wear the regular adult size. Use your judgement however- I have 3 year old twins where one wears a child size and one wears a toddler size. So please select the option that best represents their size (if not age) at checkout.
We are making these with fabric scraps and remnants so designs will vary. We’ll try to save plainer, more masculine ones for males, and florals and lighter colors for women. We’ll do our best to meet your requests, but for the discount prices, we can’t guarantee exact fabric options.
- Ours have elastic ear loops and may not be suitable for a sterilizer.
- Fabric Masks are Machine Washable and Dryer Safe
- 2 Adjustable/ Removable Metal Nose Strips included with each mask.
- Three layers of 100% cotton fabric, including a filter pocket.
- Pleated at sides for a snug fit
- Monogram option available
- Regular Adult Size: Approximately 8.5×3″ finished with 6″ of elastic
- Large Adult Size: Approximately 8.5×4″ finished with 6.5″ of elastic
- Child Size (6-11): Approximately 7×2.5″ with 5.5″ of elastic
- Toddler Size (3-5): Approximately 6.5 x 2.5″ with 5″ of elastic
This helpful article also mentions possible filter options. https://www.nytimes.com/article/coronavirus-homemade-mask-material-DIY-face-mask-ppe.html
- Not ideal for front line contact with infected people
- Best for medical offices where risk is not as great
- Varying studies tout 50-70% blockage of airborne particles in 2 layer masks without filters
- Our (unscientifically tested) hope is 3 layers plus a filter helps that percentage
- Any type of mask can prevent touching of face, which is helpful
- Many are putting fabric mask OVER a medical grade mask so that mask can be reused longer and protected
If you have a medical office in need of masks, please email email@example.com from an official work email address.
- Number of males and females who need masks
- Type of office
- Mailing Address
- Any special requests (Pediatric fabrics, etc)
We’ll reply back with whether we can meet your need, and if we can’t, we’ll submit your request to our seamstress groups to find them.